Further disruption expected at Emergency Departments across the country as INMO reject latest settlement proposals – TheLiberal.ie – Our News, Your Views
October 4, 2018

Further disruption expected at Emergency Departments across the country as INMO reject latest settlement proposals

There is to be further disruption at the country’s Hospital emergency departments, as nurses belonging to the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation have voted in favour of industrial action later this month.

The news comes after members of the INMO have rejected last months settlement proposals which designed to ease the current overcrowding and staff shortages. It is believed that members rejected the new proposals 58% to 42%, earlier this week.

The INMO General Secretary Liam Doran has now said the union will go ahead with further industrial action on 14th and 26th January. Mr Doran said the new deal was overwhelmingly rejected because union members believed that management at hospitals and group level would not be able to implement the new proposals.

Share this story

Get the latest news from TheLiberal.ie via Facebook.
Just click Like

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page