Gardaí have once again issued a plea to the public asking them not to leave their pets in vehicles during the current heatwave.
The latest appeal comes after Gardai were alerted to an incident in Co Wicklow over the weekend.
According to the Garda info twitter account, a dog was left locked inside a sweltering hot van at the Bray Groove Festival.
It is understood the dog which was thankfully rescued unharmed was left inside the hot vehicle with temperatures reaching 26C outside.
Gardaí have urged the public not to leave their pets unattended in hot vehicles or any other hot areas as it is highly dangerous.
This little fella was left locked in the back of a van today in 26 degree heat at the Bray groove festival. Gardaí managed to get into the van and rescue the dog. Please don’t leave animals locked in vehicles on hot days. pic.twitter.com/A3KIM1LF93
— Garda Info (@gardainfo) July 8, 2018
Share this story
Just click Like