The new Garda Commissioner Drew Harris has condemned those responsible for making online threats against a Garda officer over the weekend.
Mr Harris’s comments come after a Garda officer was threatened and had his picture along with his personal details shared on social medias.
The post which has been shared more than 1,300 times and has had more than 600 comments was made after the Garda involved allegedly policed an incident during last week’s Take Back the City housing and homeless protest.
Mr Harris who was responding to the threat said the post was completely unacceptable and that he condemned those who actively threaten Garda officers who are only doing their jobs and protecting people in society.
The new Garda Commissioner also said an investigation into the threat has begun and the Garda officer involved has received the appropriate supports in order to protect his welfare and safety.
It is believed that the threat was made after a group of housing activists were forcibly removed from a vacant property on North Frederick Street last Tuesday.
Share this story
Just click Like