An 84-year-old man sadly died after a nursing home in the US state of Florida, failed to attend to his personal hygiene a state medical board has ruled.
In a truly shocking story, the man York Spratling, sadly lost his life after he contracted gangrene in his genitals after staff at the Consulate Health Care in Jacksonville, Florida, failed to bathe him.
According to Naples Daily News, Mr Spratling who was a diabetic apparently died as a result of poor hygiene after his genitals became so infected that the flesh surrounding them became rotten and fell off.
It is believed that the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, cited Mr Spratling’s death as result of poor hygiene and neglect after staff at the nursing home failed to give him showers.
However the nursing home seemingly defended their care policy and stated that Mr Spratling refused to take showers.
The pensioner who is said to be in poor health before his death sadly died shortly after the surgery which occurred less than three months after his admission to the nursing facility.
Share this story
Just click Like