One of the victims Amesbury poisoning incident has revealed that the deadly nerve agent novichok was sealed inside a perfume bottle.
In an emotional interview with ITV News, survivor Charlie Rowley revealed that the deadlly nerve agent which resulted in the death of his girlfriend Dawn Sturgess was inside a sealed perfume bottle.
Mr Rowley who was also hospitalised follow the incident, told ITV News that he remembers Ms Sturgess spraying the substance on her wrists after he gave it to her as a present.
In an in-depth interview with the broadcaster, Mr Rowley also spoke of how he found his girlfriend lying unconscious in the bath and how he came to accidentally give her the bottle of the deadly toxin.
Although Mr Rowley couldn’t remember where he found the bottle, he told ITV News reporters that he decided to give it to her as a present because he thought the packaging looked expensive.
Mr Rowley who is now in recovery also told the broadcaster that he didn’t think anything of it at the time, but he did recall that the substance smelled funny and it was extremely oily.
The grief stricken boyfriend said he washed it off his hands immediately, but as time went on Dawn became increasingly ill first reporting that she had a headache.
Mr Rowley revealed that his girlfriend had asked for headache tablets and that she went into the bath for a lie down, it was then he found her fully clothed and in a seriously ill state.
He also described his girlfriend as a lovely lady and a wonderful woman before telling reporters that he was very angry at the whole incident.
Ms Sturgess tragically died on July 8th after coming into contact with the deadly toxin on June 30th.
Police investigating the incident say they cannot guarantee that there isn’t more of the deadly toxin in the public domain.