Foreign national appears in court after 11-yr-old girl says he tried to sell her for sex in Omagh – – Our News, Your Views

Foreign national appears in court after 11-yr-old girl says he tried to sell her for sex in Omagh

A Hungarian man, who faces six extradition orders for alleged criminal activities in his home country, has appeared in court after an 11-year-old told police he was trying to sell her for sex.

It was also found today at Omagh Magistrates’ Court that Zoltan Marko, 54, of Glen Road, Drumcon, illegally killed pigs on a farm and sold the meat, an offense for which he had previously been convicted, reports Independent.

Marko is accused of sexually communicating with children on dates between January and March this year after allegedly encouraging the girl to respond sexually to his advances for his own gratification.

He is also accused of having an offensive weapon, namely a knife, on May 22 and having ammunition under suspicious circumstances and without a gun license, reports Independent.

A detective told the court that all of the charges could be related to the defendant.

They explained that extradition bail is currently being placed on Marko and that court proceedings are ongoing in relation to the six Hungarian arrest warrants.

The detective told the court: “Police also believe he is likely to interfere with witnesses. He has been in contact with the child since she disclosed her allegations, despite being under safeguarding measures and told he was not permitted any communication with her,” reports Independent.

District Judge Bernie Kelly said: “It’s not often I get a defendant who has managed to tick every single objection box for bail. [That] has been managed in this instance. Six extradition warrants shows a history of failing to attend courts to answer for alleged criminal activity. He has a history of breaching bail and there are allegations of further offences being committed while on bail. He has made contact with the injured party,” reports Independent.

Marko said: “I didn’t do anything like that.”

Judge Kelly responded: “Didn’t breach bail? Of course you did,” reports Independent.

Marko agreed to the move from his registered address but insisted he had notified his lawyer and asked him to tell the police.

Marko was taken into custody and reappeared on June 20 via video transmission.

Tell us your thoughts in the Facebook post and share this with your friends.

Share this story

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page