Man who was sexually abused by teacher in front of class as a boy awarded €120,000 – – Our News, Your Views

Man who was sexually abused by teacher in front of class as a boy awarded €120,000

A man received €120,000 from the Supreme Court after his life was effectively ruined after he was sexually abused by a school teacher in the 1960s.

The man, now 60, told the court that a teacher attacked him several times when he was in fifth and sixth grade at primary school.

The abuse involved calling the boy to the teacher’s desk while other students from the boys’ school were asked to put their heads down on the desks, then the teacher pulled down the boy’s pants and placed his hand on his genitals, reports Breaking News.

He hit the boy several times, subjected him to physical and verbal attacks, and on one occasion the teacher tried to insert a finger into his anus, but stopped himself when the boy began to fight.

For most of his life, he was unable to tell anyone about the abuse and effectively “bottled up this secret” when he found out that the teacher was still alive, the judge said.

Among the effects on him were that he became very protective of his three children and joined parent groups and committees in activities that concerned her children.

The man appeared to feel guilty for not telling anyone what had happened while giving evidence, but it must be stressed that he is in no way responsible for what happened, he said, reports Breaking News.

Earlier this year, the court punished the defendants for failing to defend themselves.

This decision was communicated to the defendant’s lawyers, who were informed about the current damage assessment.

Judge O’Higgins said the case was pending in his absence, and after hearing the plaintiff and his medical experts, the judge said he would rule later on Thursday.

However, when the case came back, the court was informed that the defendant appeared after going to court on Wednesday. He left an email address, reports Breaking News.

The judge ordered the clerk to email him so he could appear in court on Thursday, and when he did not respond, the judge ordered another email to be sent to him so he could do so on Friday.

Tell us your thoughts in the Facebook post and share this with your friends.

Share this story with a friend

Share this story

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page