A 40-yr-old mother of two took the Ice Bucket Challenge in the UK this week and broke her neck. Amanda Davey, a beautician from Liverpool, got soaked by her mother Vitali during the internet craze.
She quickly ran into the kitchen and as a result of being soaked from head to toe, she slipped on the tiles in the kitchen and was knocked out. When she came-to, her speech was slurred and her balance affected. She has been in hospital in Merseyside since, with what doctors initially describing her to have a broken neck, they will not know for sure until the swelling subsides.
We’d like to remind all readers of the dangers of a slippery surface after taking the I.B.C. The last thing anyone needs to do is to injury themselves in the line of a charitable cause.