Salmonella contamination has been confirmed as the cause of illness for over 50 people who attended a Communion meal at a pub in north Dublin last week.
One person, a woman in her 50s, sadly lost her life. It is understood that she had underlying health conditions at the time of death.
Several people, including four children, were admitted to hospital due to severe food poisoning. All had eaten at the same locale over the previous days.
The HSE then served a closure order to O’Dwyers’s pub, Strand Road, Portmarnock which is occupied by catering company Flanreil Food Services Ltd.