There is darkness in the human soul.
Gardai have launched an investigation after a small dog, believed to have been cooked alive over an open fire, dies at a veterinarian clinic in Co. Kildare.
A small Staffie dog was found hurt on Monday, and was taken into the care of Kildare West Wicklow SPCA, where they named him Tony.
Soon after, veterinarian staff realised that the animal had soot on his paws and fur, and noticed symptoms consistent with high temperature damage to its internal organs. In other words, the creature had been roasted alive.
Tony passed away two days later.
The dog suffered a grisly fate at the hands of people walking around today, people who would feel no empathy for the defenseless creature they were torturing.
Gardai have appealed for anyone with information related to this horrendous incident to come forward.