Ana Hick (18) sadly lost her fight for life in hospital this evening after taking 3 dodgy ecstasy pills last night.
Ana was out with friends celebrating finishing her first year of college on Saturday night before taking the cheap pills that are a mixture of ecstasy and other drugs.
The pills are believed to be made of PMMA, a cheaper alternative to ecstasy. The pills which do contain meth-amphetamine are also full of toxic chemicals which can be fatal. These drugs are thought to be flooding the country.
Ana took a fit and collapsed and suffered a heart attack outside The Twisted Pepper nightclub in Dublin.
Emergency services were called and found that Ana had suffered cardiac arrest. Ana was taken to a nearby hospital where she was put on a life support machine but her condition deteriorated and she passed away this evening 5:30 pm.
Ana’s heartbroken father travelled home to Dublin from America last night to be at his daughter’s bedside.
Ana, who was due to celebrate her 19th birthday in two days time was described as a fun loving girl who loved life. Friends of the teen described her as “the funniest, kindest girl you could meet”. “The friendliest, chattiest girl”.
Ana studied acting and film and worked at Crunch Fitness in Dun Laoghaire.
Friends who wished not to be named said: “She was so good to people. So talented and so beautiful”. “Everyone loved her”.