Gang kidnapped the wrong man and stabbed him multiple times in case of mistaken identity – – Our News, Your Views

Gang kidnapped the wrong man and stabbed him multiple times in case of mistaken identity

Image source: Lancs Police

Three thugs who kidnapped and assaulted an innocent man after mistaking him for a drug trafficker have been jailed.

Faisal Fareed, Faizaan Fareed and Nicholas Shaw attacked the victim, a man in his forties, as he was returning from work to his home in Darwen, Lancashire, UK.

As the victim approached his home, he was suddenly attacked by armed men who threw him into the back seat of a car.

The kidnappers began threatening the man with knives as they fled the scene and accused him of being an Albanian drug trafficker.

They repeatedly stabbed him and continued the attack even after learning that he was neither Albanian nor a drug dealer.

He was then taken to a location in Blackburn where he was attacked again, before the gang abandoned him inside the car.

The man eventually managed to inform the police of his condition and was rushed to the hospital, where he received treatment for 14 stab wounds and a collapsed lung.

Investigators launched an investigation and subsequently identified the perpetrators using forensic and telephone evidence.

All three men were arrested and found guilty of the crimes in court.

Faisal Fareed, 23, of Lawrence Street in Blackburn, was jailed for 11 years for conspiring to kidnap, fight, assault and conspire to supply drugs.

Faizaan Fareed, 26, also from Lawrence Street in Blackburn, was sentenced to 10 years, while Nicholas Shaw, 45, from Medina Close, Accrington, was sentenced to six years.

Detective Rachel Norris said: “Both Fareeds and Shaw launched an ill-conceived plot to attack and torture the victim, believing he was an Albanian drug dealer. He was neither Albanian, nor a drug dealer. Despite him being in a serious condition, bleeding heavily, as well as knowing they had got the wrong man, the attackers continued to use their knives pressing them into his chest and legs. He believed he was going to die. The men took the victim’s keys believing they would give them access to a closed public house, however, when they realised this was not the case, they drove off with the victim still in the car, all the time threatening him. Eventually after seeing police, they drove to Blackburn and after an hour left him in the car, not caring if he died. This was an absolutely horrendous attack which left the victim seriously injured. The damage inflicted on him has been long-lasting,” reported Metro.

Tell us your thoughts in the Facebook post and share this with your friends.

Share this story with a friend

Share this story

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page