There was some good news announced earlier today as doctors at Cork University Hospital revealed that the three children seriously burned in a house fire in West Cork on Monday evening, will thankfully make a full recovery.
The three children including five-month-old twins who are in a stable condition in hospital, are expected to make a full recovery in the coming weeks ahead.
Meanwhile Gardaí have confirmed that following a forensic examination of the premises located just outside Drinagh, the fire is now being treated as accidental.
Gardaí have revealed that the fire was caused after the children’s father had been using a chainsaw in the garden at approximately 6.30pm on Wednesday, a petrol can was carried into the front room of the house, where a fire was lighting.
It is believed there was an accidental spillage of the fuel near the fire which sparked a fireball, engulfing the house in flames leaving the children trapped inside.
Meanwhile emergency services have received great praise for their quick response and treatment of the children at the scene, with a hospital spokesperson saying: “If it wasn’t for the brave actions of the emergency services this tragic situation could have been a whole lot worse”.