In the region of 196 women have been contacted by the HSE’s Incident Management Team in wake of the ongoing CervicalCheck scandal.
The latest developments come after it was revealed earlier this week that at least 208 women have been affected by the controversy which has already led to a full scale review.
In a statement released on Friday evening a spokesperson for the HSE said almost all of the women who have been greatly affected by the case have been contacted by the health service.
However they added that not all women could be contacted as some may be out of the country.
The spokesperson said it is hoped that all those affected will be contacted in the coming days and that a full review of calls will be published on Tuesday.
Meanwhile the CervicalCheck helpline have revealed they have received over 10,000 phone calls from women across the country who fear they may be caught up in the scandal.
In an announcement made on Friday a spokesperson said they were dealing with all calls made to the helpline and they have said all calls made to the helpline will be handled appropriately.