Police in the North have confirmed that 60-year-old man has died from carbon monoxide poising at his home in County Down.
It is also understood five other people including two paramedics were rushed to hospital after they suffered breathing difficulties from the deadly poisoning. Police say the two paramedics who were responding to an incident at the property in Newcastle, Co Down, last night, when they developed the symptoms.
The dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide at the property prompted the ambulance service to call in the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service who quickly cordoned of the premises. The paramedics, with the help of the NIFRS, treated themselves and the three others with oxygen while four additional ambulances were sent to the scene.
They were then taken to a nearby hospital to be treated however they have since been discharged.