Two people in the UK have been arrested in connection with the death of young girl who was tragically killed after a bouncy castle was ripped from its moorings and blew it 150 metres across a park in high winds.
It is understood the young girl, aged seven, tragically died from her injuries after the bouncy castle crashed to the ground. The horrific accident happened at an Easter fair in Harlow Town Park, Essex. Essex Police say the two people had been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence.
According to reports the castle was made airborne after wind speeds reached between 20-25mph around the time of the incident. A spokesman for East of England Air Ambulance Service said the girl suffered serious injuries and was in a critical condition when rescuers tended her. She was taken to Harlow’s Princess Alexandra Hospital. Ambulance bosses said she died “despite the best efforts of everyone involved”.
Meanwhile an eye witness Terri Rickards who was at the park on Friday took to Facebook to say that she would not allow her children on the bouncy castle as it looked unsafe. The emotional mum said: “This is just devastating news. My two little ones were there today, both under the ages of five.“We did not allow them on this bouncy castle as it just didn’t look safe. The winds were just far too strong! I can’t believe what I’m reading, such sad news. RIP little one.” Amanda Wilcox tweeted: “A seven-year-old girl has died after bouncy castle at Harlow blows away. Similar accident happened last year! Terrible news. RIP.”