Heartbreaking: Infant tragically dies from heatstroke after parents leave him inside a sweltering hot car whilst they took a nap – TheLiberal.ie – Our News, Your Views
November 25, 2017

Heartbreaking: Infant tragically dies from heatstroke after parents leave him inside a sweltering hot car whilst they took a nap

Image: Stock Photo

According to reports in Austria a 19-month old boy has sadly died after his parents left him inside a hot car whilst they went inside for a nap.

The heartbreaking incident which occurred in the town of Nenzing, Vorarlberg, has now led to police investigation into the incident.

Local media say the young infant died after his mum and her boyfriend decided to leave him in the car after he had fallen asleep during a long car journey.

Police have confirmed the young boy tragically died as a result of heatstroke as temperatures hit 30 degrees.

It is believed the child was left in the car for quite some time and he was sadly later discovered dead after his mum’s boyfriend ran down to the car and found him lifeless.

Police also say the young couple are currently receiving counselling assistance.

Share this story

Get the latest news from TheLiberal.ie via Facebook.
Just click Like