Coffee Break Catch Up News – – Our News, Your Views

Coffee Break Catch Up News

Enjoy your coffee break by catching up on all the morning’s top news, every morning at 10:30am on


#1 Dublin attack: Young man left fighting for his life after being attacked in Dublin city centre last night.

A 33-year-old Westmeath man is in a critical condition in hospital this morning after being badly beaten last night. The victim suffered serious head injuries in an attack at Aston Quay at 9.30pm.

Gardai have sealed off the scene pending a forensic examination, and no arrests have so far been made.

#2 Islamic State: New video released by the extremist group IS shows the beheading of another hostage, Herve Gourdel, aged 55. Mr. Gourdel had been abducted last Sunday while hiking in a national park in Algeria. The park had once been a major tourist spot but has now become a haven for islamists.

The murder follows a call made by IS to all Muslims to kill Westerners whose nations have joined a campaign to battle the jihadist group in Iraq and Syria.

#3 Airstrikes: An overnight wave of US-led airstrikes on the eastern Syrian province of Deir Ezzor killed at least 19, 14 of those IS militants and five civilians, including one child, official sources said.

The strikes targeted oil facilities captured by the extremist group. These attacks follow an announcement by Barack Obama of the formation of a military coalition between the US and several other nations to combat the rising threat of this jihadist organization.

#4 Take That: Jason Orange has reportedly left the band Take That.

The 44-year-old told his band mates Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald last week that he did not wish to commit to a new album.

In a statement, Orange said: “I have spent some of the best years of my life with Take That and I’d like to thank everyone who has been a part of my journey, including my bandmates, who I feel are like brothers to me.

Take That will continue on as a trio.

#5 Apple issues: Apple’s woes worsen after a buggy iOS8 update renders some devices unable to take or make calls.

The update, iOS 8.0.1, became available exactly one week after the new operating system was officially released. The software update went live last night, but was quickly removed after users reported dropped phone signals and problems with Touch ID.

Apple have stated an official apology for the issues caused by the botched update and it’s said to be working on a new, more stable version of the software, iOS 8.0.2. This new update will be released in the next few days

Share this story with a friend

Share this story

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page