Investigation continues after Nadine Lott’s killer gets his face knifed in prison fight – – Our News, Your Views

Investigation continues after Nadine Lott’s killer gets his face knifed in prison fight

Image source: Facebook

Killer Daniel Murtagh, who beat his innocent ex-girlfriend Nadine Lott to death, has his face slashed open in brutal prison attack.

Sources say Murtagh is in danger of being scarred for life following the attack on the B1 landing at Midlands prison, in which “he was sliced open from his temple down to his chin”, reports Independent.

“The incident kicked off on the B1 landing at approximately 5pm today. Murtagh is an inmate who rubs people up the wrong and it looks like it finally came back on him. The lad who attacked him opened him up from his temple all the way down to his chin. Murtagh was losing a lot of blood by the time staff got to him and he had to be rushed to Portlaoise Hospital. Despite the best efforts of staff, he lost a serious amount of blood and he’s still over there under guard tonight” a source said, reports Independent.

The source said an inmate who carried out the attack was immediately arrested by prison officials.

According to the Independent, he has been separated from other inmates and now faces a tough disciplinary process known as “P19” behind bars.

He and another suspect behind the brutal attack are two relatively minor criminals with a reputation for violence, he said.

Murtagh attacked his ex-girlfriend on 14 December 2019 at the home of the mother-of-a-child in St Mary’s Court, Arklow.

He beat Nadine so hard she was barely recognizable.

She died three days later on 17 December at St Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin.

Murtagh admitted to manslaughter but denied murder and appealed against his conviction last July.

At Murtagh’s sentencing hearing, Nadine’s mother Claire told the Central Criminal Court that her family are “haunted” by thoughts of her daughter’s “terror, fear, panic and cries” during the “prolonged, evil attack” carried out a man she described as a “monster”, reports Independent.

Nadine died three days later on 17 December in what Mrs Lott described as a “nightmare” that “had no ending”.

Judge Michael MacGrath handed down a life sentence, calling the killing “brutal”.

Share this story

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page