Eye sore: Woman sustains burn injuries after being mistakenly given erectile dysfunction cream for her sore eye – TheLiberal.ie – Our News, Your Views
January 15, 2019

Eye sore: Woman sustains burn injuries after being mistakenly given erectile dysfunction cream for her sore eye

The British Medical Journal has revealed that a woman was injured after she was prescribed an erictile dysfunction cream for a sore eye.

It is understood the woman from Scotland sustained a chemical injury to her eye after she used the cream which was prescribed by the cream by her GP.

The report highlighted that the woman was given the cream erectile dysfunction cream ‘Vitaros’ rather than the eye lubricant ‘VitA-POS’.

The British Medical Journal say an investigation into the incident is ongoing as both the woman’s GP and pharmacy failed to notice the mistake.

It is believed that the woman was treated for her chemical burn with antibiotics and steroids following the incident.

Share this story

Get the latest news from TheLiberal.ie via Facebook.
Just click Like

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page