Update: Elderly couple found dead at Kilkenny home die of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning – TheLiberal.ie – Our News, Your Views
December 19, 2018

Update: Elderly couple found dead at Kilkenny home die of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

Gardaí in investigation the deaths of an elderly couple in Co Kilkenny say they are examining the possibility that the couple were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to RTÉ News, the line of inquiry comes after the 83-year-old man and the 79-year-old woman in Kilderry on the Johnswell Road on Wednesday evening.

It is believed that the couple were found dead by family members on Wednesday evening and that they could have been dead for a number of days.

Although the exact cause of the couple’s death has yet to be confirmed, Gardai say they are currently awaiting the results of a post-mortem examination.

They added that the scene currently remains sealed off in for a technical examination to take place.

Share this story

Get the latest news from TheLiberal.ie via Facebook.
Just click Like

Tell us what you think on our Facebook page