Police in the North have sadly confirmed that a woman aged in her 60s has sadly following a gas leak at her home.
The tragic incident which occurred at house on the Drum Road in Cookstown, Co Tyrone, also seen the woman’s husband hospitalised.
Officers investigating the incident say four ambulance crews were called to the scene at approximatley 7am on Monday morning.
It is believed the woman was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after fire crews found significant levels of carbon monoxide in the house.
Police say they are not treating the woman’s death as suspicious, but an investigation is currently ongoing.
Share this story
Just click Like