A brave teenager has received great praise for her courage after she posted an image online social media recently that shows the lasting damage from drinking too many energy drinks.
The brave teenager named Dion Parratt posted the image to Facebook that shows her wearing a heart monitor at all times so that doctors can keep an eye on her condition, Ms Parratt also wrote that she used to drink up to five energy drinks a day, before she experienced chronic heart problems.
The teenager also said her condition is so bad that her heart rate has to be continuously monitored, that she often suffers many black outs.
Ms Parratt said: “I thought long and hard about uploading it,” she wrote. “This is what happens when you spend your childhood drinking energy drinks. I’m now stuck with wires and a massive box attached to me for 24 hours. “Before you drink cheap energy drinks think about what your [sic] doing to your body. To anyone who is a parent don’t let your kids drink them they should be banned [sic].”
Meanwhile her mother Debby posted a comment on the status, saying: “Passing out when her heart rate drops so low, and then having this machine strapped to her. Heartbreaking.” “If you only stop one of the people that have read and shared this post from drinking these killer drinks, that’s one less person/family that have to go through what you are. One proud mum here.”