Here are some of the most important things to know about signing up to an online casino. It includes information about the legal minimum age requirements, the KYC process, the games, payment methods, security, licensing, ownership, and more.
Things to remember before signing up to an online casino
At the vast majority of online casinos today, players must prove who they are. This is otherwise known as the Know Your Customer (KYC) account verification process.
A no KYC casino is an online casino that doesn’t require all of this additional personal information, which some players find far more convenient.
Some of the most important things to remember before signing up to an online casino are the following:
- Make sure that it’s fully licensed by a reputable licensing authority in one or more of today’s mid to top-tier licensing jurisdictions
- Make sure the online casino you are about to sign up to is controlled by a renowned operator with an excellent standing in the iGaming industry
- Make sure the casino has mainly positive reviews at sites like the official cryptostec.com website
- Make sure the casino only has games from licensed software providers/game development studios
- Make sure the casino website is safe and that it has the necessary SSL encryption certificates
- Make sure the casino operator provides decent, toll-free player support and that their professionally trained support agents can be reached 24/7
- Make sure the casino only accepts today’s most secure online payment options
- Make sure the casino bonuses have fair and realistic wagering requirements with clear terms and conditions
- Make sure you read through the casino’s policies to get a better understanding of the operator and how they run their business
- Make sure the casino can be accessed from all Wi-Fi/internet-connected devices (e.g., desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones)
What else should I know about signing up to an online casino
In many regions where online gambling at licensed casino sites is perfectly legal, you have to be 21. In other countries, it might be 20, 19, or 18. For example, it’s different in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada.
They all have different legal minimum age requirements, so always check before you attempt to sign up to a casino you have had your eye on.
What kind of KYC details will the casino’s verification department require from me?
That’s a good question. At online casinos, where you must complete the NYC process, you need to provide the verification department with a proof of address and proof of identification, which can be a pain for some players and very time-consuming.
The types of documents that are usually accepted are things like a gas/electric/mobile phone bill or bank statement (which is usually accepted for the proof of address) and a scanned colour copy of your passport or driver’s licence (proof of ID).
When sending these documents into the casino via email, ensure the ID is VALID and the proof of address documentation is less than 12 weeks old.
If it is older than this or no longer valid, they simply won’t accept it. It also won’t be accepted if the image is blurry or has been tampered with in any way.