Beko has issued an urgent safety alert involving a number of its tumble dryers, after several appliances burst into flames, leading to one death so far.
The model affected is DCS85W, and it’s thought to have been involved in at least 20 fires.
One of these incidents led to the death of a 49-year-old mother of two in the UK.
The company issued a statement saying that “We have identified a production batch with a component, that in rare circumstances could fail and overheat, potentially leading to a fire risk.”
The faulty appliances have the following serial numbers: DCU9330W, DCU9330R, DCU8230W, TKF8439A and DSC85W.
Through its website, Beko said “Anyone who owns If your product is within the potentially affected range, please register online for a qualified engineer to visit your property to check and, if required, repair your product.
“Alternatively, you can call us on 1800 25 29 25 in Eire to speak to a member of our customer service team.”
Share this story
Just click Like